When is Festival ?
Festival 2017 is Saturday September 16th 2017.
It will run from 11am to 6pm.
What Medical Support is there ?
There will be a fully staffed and equipped ambulance based in Tanner Street throughout the event. There will be a Paramedic based in this ambulance and it will be fully equipped to take anybody to hospital, should the need arise.
Mobile first aiders will also patrol the site at various points throughout the day.
One of the main issues we have encountered over the years, especially in hot temperatures, is that of dehydration and exhaustion. We remind you to drink plenty of water at all times and don’t forget to wear high factor sun block if your skin is sensitive to the sun – especially young children.
You are encouraged to bring refillable water flask containers with you and refill at the various designated water points across site. Please help us reduce the amount of plastic going to landfill by choosing to refill your bottles rather than purchasing plastic water bottles.
The show is an outdoor event, so be prepared for all conditions – not just the sunshine, but cold weather & rain too!
What is access like for those with impaired mobility ?
The show takes place in Bermondsey Street and adjacent parks. Good pathways and road systems run throughout that makes it easily accessible for users with impaired mobility to get around. However, many of the activities and stages are situated on the grass fields of the parks.
We also have 3 wheelchair accessible toilets located evenly across the show site.
Blue Badge holders can park on nearby streets.
The only reasonable access to the event is on foot, by cycle or public transport, please see our Getting There page for public transport.
For those arriving by car we suggest you check the Southwark Council website for details of the nearby GR Zone where some street parking is allowed on Saturday.
Will there be a programme available ?
There will be a programme available on the day. This will be available at the information desk, as well as from Festival ambassadors walking around the event. It will contain a show map to help you navigate around site and the only place to find a full line-up and timings, so you won’t miss your favourite band or activity.
The programme will be sent to Mailing List Subscribers the week before the event, and will be available to download from the website.
Where do I enquire about lost property ?
All lost property will be handles by the Information desk in Tanner Street Park.
Can I trade at or take part in Festival ?
Probably. Please use the contact us page to enquire.
Can I bring my Dog ?
Yes. Especially if you want to enter The Dog Show .
Well behaved dogs and assistance dogs are very much welcome to the show, but we do ask you to keep them on a lead at all times. Please consider the crowds and loud noises as this can have a negative impact on your pet. Any dogs caught without a lead will be handed over to our onsite animal welfare team.
We ask you to be considerate and keep your dog away from child play areas and food traders, as well as disposing of any fouling promptly and appropriately.
Dressing your dog in costume is also very much encouraged.
Can I bring Food & Drink ?
Yes, although Why ?
We will be offering a huge array of food from all over the locality.
Soft drinks are allowed, but alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Festival is a glass free site. Anybody with glass may be asked to dispose of it accordingly or take it off site.
There will be numerous bars across site offering craft beer, ale, wine, cider, cocktails and more!
Will Festival be Filmed or Photographed ?
Yes. We Will be filming and photographing Festival to capture the atmosphere and entertainment to share on our website and social media channels. Footage may also be used locally, nationally and internationally in various media to promote the show.
By attending the event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world.
This also includes CCTV and body-camera filming by the Metropolitan Police Service and/or show security, which may be carried out for the safety of attendees and staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
– Smile! CCTV will be in operation throughout the show site. Official filming and photography will also be taking place on both days. Any other professional film and video equipment, that is not authorised by management in advance, will not be permitted.
– We operate a zero tolerance policy on drugs and ‘legal highs’.
– We operate a Challenge 25 policy on all of our bars on site. If you are lucky enough to look younger than 25, you will be asked for ID.
– The use of drones/UAV’s is strictly prohibited. An Airspace Co-ordination Notice (ACN) will be in place for the duration of the event that will restrict the use of drones/UAV’s and enforced by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). The use of drones/UAV’s at the event will result in prosecution. For more information, visit Government Legislation.
– All BBQs are strictly prohibited, including disposables.
– Free wristbands are available to all parents – this enables you to write your mobile number on, but not the child’s name, and attach to your child’s wrist. This means we can reunite you much quicker if you become separated.
– Please help us reduce waste going to landfill and increase our recycling rate. You can do this by simply discarding your drinks, plates and other waste in to the clearly marked bins correctly.
– You are welcome to bring camping chairs with you, but you may be asked to fold them away in areas that become very busy – especially in Tanner Street Park
– When leaving Festival, please be considerate of local residents and leave quietly.
Admission is free of charge and visitors are admitted on the understanding that no canvassing is allowed by Stallholders. Visitors suspected of canvassing in contravention of this rule are liable to immediate expulsion. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission without giving any reason.